Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Manuscript is typed, double spaced using 12pt New Times Roman text. The manuscript is to be submitted in word format.
- Manuscript follows APA 7 reference style. Any submissions that do not adhere to APA 7 style will be returned to the author without going through the peer review process.
- Manuscript is between 4000-9000 words. (Shorter articles written by social work practitioners or people who use social work services may be considered.)
- The manuscript relates to the scope, focus and themes of the journal.
- The submission is an original contribution that has not been published elsewhere, in any form.
- All identifying information, including author’s name and references, has been removed from the manuscript.
- An abstract (maximum 200 words) and keywords (maximum 5) must be included at the beginning of the manuscript.
- I have included a separate cover page that provides the title of the manuscript, author name(s) and affiliation(s), the name of the corresponding author (if applicable), biographic information (maximum 75 words) and the exact word count (not including references) of the manuscript.
Intersectionalities is an open access journal. Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Noncommercial License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.